Friday, January 16, 2009

Sixer gets all the gigs

My friend Bobby Six is a journo down in Australia, and while Amsterdam seems to be going through a winter dry spell (excluding the up'coming Of Montreal/Casiokids show), Sydney is awash with gigs, with more rock stars than you can poke a drumstick at.
Between all the New Years Eve parties, the Sydney Festival, Public Enemy and the Days Like This festival, the massive Big Day Out about to kick off, the Nick Cave curated ATP this weekend, it's a musical feast Down Under.

Over at bobbysix.com the Sixer has reviewed the recent Franz Ferdinand show with support by Red Riders and The Temper Trap, a Melbourne band with hype worth it's while. It seems too, that the Glaswegians are back on track.
And he makes me incredibly jealous with a review of the Dr Dog, Ash Grunwald, Gomez and Black Keys show at Luna Park... That's right, Gomez and Black Keys on the one stage – I'd give the Def Leppard drummer's right arm to see that gig. Anyway... have a read. I'll be praying the Pinkpop line up improves – can't say I'm beside myself for Depeche Mode, Placebo or The Kooks, well maybe for Depeche Mode – while hoping the Lowlands line up will be something to rub in those Aussie drongos' collective noses.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, thanks for the mention, 3x.

    Incidentally, the gigs are coming so thick and fast that I double-booked myself this thursday and am going to see Camille rather than Arctic Monkeys. Hope I've made the right decision.

    ReplyDelete